Thomas Davidson - BA (Hons) Photography

Photo skills A
An introduction to essential skills in studio photography, camera handling, lighting and camera set-up, principles of lighting and theory, studio management and associated health, safety and risk assessment. This module should provide the framework for future studio based photographic work and assignments.

Nando's Product Shoot

Final Shot
This is the final shot I've chosen for the Nando's brief, I thought it fit best with the style of Nando's and looked visually more appealing than other shots I took. 

Light Setup
The light setup for this shot was fairly simple, a large soft box on the right to get a long white reflection and then a strobe with a diffuser in front to the left. The brown paper backdrop worked well when slightly creased as it created an interesting texture. Other variations I used included shooting a strobe through the paper, but I thought this made the background look a lot more flatter.

Post-Processing
The editing process was done in Lightroom and Photoshop CS5, not much had to be done. I adjusted the colours and contrast to get the same earthy colours used in other nando's ads and cleaned up the reflection from the strobe behind the difusion panel as i thought it looked better.

Other Shots/Edits



Final Image