Thomas Davidson - BA (Hons) Photography

Photo skills A
An introduction to essential skills in studio photography, camera handling, lighting and camera set-up, principles of lighting and theory, studio management and associated health, safety and risk assessment. This module should provide the framework for future studio based photographic work and assignments.

Proposal Ideas

Weve been asked to come with three proposals for studio shoots which we will be doing. We can either do two product/still life shoots and one portrait shot or two portraits and one product/still life.


I thought a lot about what I could do but for my product shoot I'm thinking of either a clothing brand / alcoholic drink/ food / Watches. I'm looking into these as they both interest me and are also easily available for me to use.


 For the portrait shoot I'm thinking of either doing a shoot in the style of a magazine as this is something that i'd like to learn more about or maybe asking my friends band to do a studio promo shoot, although this may be a little harder to organise.